Please help me remove PowerfulSearch.net browser hijack. I got this browser hijacker yesterday and it infected all Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. I fixed IE and Firefox by resetting to default. However, it still hijacked Google Chrome now and resetting browsers settings did not help. This browser hijacker became default start up page of Chrome now and no matter what I did and how many times I tried resetting; it kept coming back again and again.
Why can I delete PowerfulSearch.net completely? A helpful anti-malware tool is needed! Click to remove PowerfulSearch.net virus now!
Information about PowerfulSearch.net
PowerfulSearch.net is a malicious browser hijacker which has the ability to take over browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It is used for generating pop up contents for it is a advertising platform created for displaying random pop up ads on the infected computer. As long as it is installed on the computer it will makes moves to changes the default homepage and settings. As a result, the homepage and search engine will be modified as well as DNS settings of the regular browsers to make money via redirecting your search to some websites you do not want. What is more, the new tab and links you click on will caused redirection to other domains.
This browser hijacker often results from free downloads. As it enters your computer stealthily, it starts changing the default browser settings and continues adding additional plugins and codes to help display more commercial ads to the pages you are visiting and fill up every browser you have. The pop up contents displayed by this browser hijacker are carriers of potential unwanted programs and infections so as to make money. The program you download from the ads or other pop up windows are not reliable for they can be bogus and fake, they will steal your privacy and help criminals to gain profits and introduce more viruses to your computer. More than that, this browser hijacker also can gather your browsing history for recording confidential data. Consequently, your email address, password and financial accounts will be stolen by remote hackers and make use of them for illegal purpose. This infection eats up most of system resources and make the computer run slower than before. Thus, it should be removed from your computer once you see it appearing on your computer. Follow the below removal instruction to get rid of this browser hijacker completely.
How does PowerfulSearch.net Invade your PC
It is quite important to find out the distribution of this browser hijacker because if you want to completely get rid of PowerfulSearch.net, you need to clean all associated things includes its carrier.
In general, redirect virus as PowerfulSearch.net enters the target computer by bundling with freeware or shareware which can be downloaded everywhere throughout the internet at present. Most of time, it inserts its related codes into the installation package of third party applications and make itself be activated during the installation. It catch the chance to invade the target computer when innocent users download those infected freeware from some malicious sites and unofficial sites. Furthermore, it often makes use of email attachments, P2P files and sponsored links hide in commercial pages to sneak into target machine. Apart from that, malware still cab be implanted to email attachment and sent to your inbox as private email. Why most malware is distributed through email attachment? In the first place, email is so cheap that it costs nothing to write and send a email. There are many free email account hackers can register. There is no denying the fact that if this browser hijacker appears on your computer, it must have used other installer or carrier to install. It means that there are other potential threats on your computer besides this browser hijacker. Consequently, you would better keep away from unreliable sites which are probable contain this PowerfulSearch.net adware and stop your computer from being attacked by such threat.
Troubles Brought by PowerfulSearch.net
Even changing homepage and search engine is the most obvious symptom caused by this threat, it still brings other troubles to computer. You should expect no advantage when you get it on system as everything can be harmed by it. The whole system would be in danger if it changes all settings it can. To distinguish whether this browser hijacker is harming your system, you can check the symptoms below:
Frequent appearance of blue screen, error massage and death errors which will result in system restart.
The infected system will need to longer time to load.
It takes more time to complete a mundane task.
A lot of shortcuts and ads will jump out and fill up the screen.
The windows defender and security firewall are blocked.
It is not possible to use windows firewall for computer protection and utilize Microsoft Security to stop browser redirects.
internet-based PC games and social media ads replace the latest browser tabs.
High consumption of system resources and network.
can not build any remote control on the system.
Helpful Guides to Remove PowerfulSearch.net Virus
Maybe you have tried many solutions and followed a lot of steps to get rid of PowerfulSearch.net but you just failed in the end. Do worry! Below is the professional removal guide you are looking for. If you do not know where to begin and what to remove, follow the guide below step by step which mentions all steps in detail.
Automatic Fix Guide
Click the button below to download Malware removal tool.
Open the downloaded files (SpyHunter-Installer.exe), and then click Run button when the window below appears.
Click Continue button to continue the Installation.
Wait for several minutes before the installation is completed.
Run Spyhunter -> select Start a New System Scan -> click Scan Computer Now!
The computer scan will take several minutes.
After the scan, all infections have been detected and shown in the screen. Users can click the plus sign (+) to get information of detected items.
Click “Fix Threats” to clean up all detected items.
Restart the computer to take effect.
Manual Removal Guide
StepⅠRemove PowerfulSearch.net from Your Browsers
- Open Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Go to Adcanced tab, click Reset… button.
- Make sure that you want to reset all browser settings, and then check Delete personal settings and click Reset.
- Click Close to complete resetting.
- Right click on the icon of Internet Explorer and then select Properties.
- In the Target section, delete the website if you find it. The suspicious link is usually at the end of the path.
- Reminder: The correct path is “*:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” (* may be Disk C, D, E or F). If you find the path is wrong, you should change it.
- Click Apply and OK button to apply the changes.
- Reset Internet Explorer if the problem still remains.
- Open Google Chrome, go to Settings tab and click Show advanced settings…
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, find Reset settings and then click it.
- Click Reset when the window below pops up.
- Right click on the icon of Google Chrome and then select Properties.
- In the Target section, delete the website if you find it. The suspicious link is usually at the end of the path. Reminder: The correct path is “*:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” (* may be Disk C, D, E or F). If you find the path is wrong, you should change it.
- Click Apply and OK button to apply the changes.
- Reset Google Chrome if the problem still remains.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click ≡ button and select ? (Help Menu).
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Refresh Firefox button.
- Click Finish to complete resetting.
- Right click on the icon of Mozilla Firefox and then select Properties.
- In the Target section, delete the website if you find it. The suspicious link is usually at the end of the path.Reminder: The correct path is “*\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” (* may be Disk C, D, E or F). If you find the path is wrong, you should change it.
- Click Apply and OK button to apply the changes.
- Reset Mozilla Firefox if the problem still remains.
StepⅡFind and Delete Registry Entries
- Press Win+R keys to open Run dialog box.
- Type regedit in the dialog box and then click OK button.
- In the Registry Editor, click File and then select Find…
- Search for the website and delete detected items after the searching is completed.
- Click F3 key to search for next items.
- Continue to repeat the above steps until the window below pops up. “Registry Editor has finished searching through the registry”
- Close the Registry Editor.
How to Protect Your PC
Effective protection is more than simply avoiding the attack of malware or installation of PUPs. It is being content to perform all protection activities and build up security level of the entire system rather than stopping malware once it attacks. Leveling up your protection level and becoming experienced with computer protection aid you in becoming a victim of viruses. as you learn more information about computer protection, as you simply do some steps to improve system security, you will feel that avoiding malware and protecting PC is not difficult and complicated. Not only will being an experienced PC user makes your computer a safer machine, but it will also improve the security of the information you stored on computer. Here are some steps you can take to protect your computer:
Update the programs installed on your computer and the operating system you are using in time.
Utilize anti-malware software for system defense and always use the newest version.
Do not open any email attachments if those emails are sent by unknown people or do not be tricked by attractive offers.
Stop perform any click on pop ups. You will be redirected to some unwanted sites which can be evil and dangerous.
Download trustworthy security tool. Most infections can be implanted on insecure software packages.
It is easy to draw the conclusion that PowerfulSearch.net redirect virus may bring a mess to your computer. It is recommend you remove this redirect as soon as possible to secure you browsing activities and keep your computer healthy. You can download an effective and powerful removal tool if you are lack of computer skills and do not have any removal experiences. This can be safer and more effective to deal with such threat.
Note: If you can not remove PowerfulSearch.net manually, you can download malware removal tool below to scan your computer. It is quite easy for you to use anti-malware tool to get rid of PowerfulSearch.net because all you need to do is to click scan button to scan potential threats and then click remove button to delete all threats.